Monday, August 13, 2012

Make It Mondays ... Easy DIY Screen Window


Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! 

Since the temperatures are finally starting to drop and we can open windows and doors for a few hours at night and in the mornings now, I think it's a good time to show you how to make your own Easy DIY Screen Window! 


This was a large odd spot so this is why I had to make my own screen window. 

The tools and items I used ... 
My process was ... 
 (Sorry I don't have that many pictures of the process. I did this last year and forgot to take pictures)
  • I measured the inside edge of the spot where I was going to put the screen window. 
  • Bought 2 pieces of wood that was the measurements that I needed which was 1/2 inch thick, 7 feet tall each, and about 1 1/2 inches wide.
  • I brought home the wood and remeasured the window, measured and marked the wood where I needed to cut it.
  • After cutting the wood with a hand saw, I stapled all the corner areas together with my favorite tool ... my staple gun! 
  • Then I rolled out the mesh screen on top of the frame I just made with the wood and cut it with regular scissors, leaving about a 1/2 inch laying on top of the wood on all sides. 
  • I worked one side at a time and stapled the screen down tightly to the wood. 
  • Then I took out the window, put the screen window in and put the window back in and voila screen window for under $20.00.
 

 

Then I put 2 cat perch window beds up and had a cat party!

Hope to see you back here tomorrow for Tasty Tuesdays! 
   
  


No comments:

Post a Comment